We are recruiting for:
Continue your drainage career with us
We are searching for a Drain Layer and a Drainage Foreperson to join our team. JT Plumbing and Drainage is one of the leading Plumbing and Drainage companies in the Bay of Plenty and our work ranges from light commercial, industrial to high end residential projects. We also undertake a significant amount of commercial and domestic maintenance work. Our project work is extremely demanding and only the highest quality work is acceptable. Because we are so busy we have decided that it is time to get some help – but we only want the best help! Are you who we need?
Find out more about the drainlaying career opportunities at JT Plumbing:
Drainlayers - Brilliant Opportunity for a Drainlaying job in Tauranga
- After three months of continuous service you are eligible for a tool allowance, paid weekly.
- A supportive working environment in a family business where we value our people and are committed to seeing you develop to your full potential. At JT Plumbing and Drainage, you will be treated as a person and not a machine.
- A relocation allowance of up to $1,000 for the right applicant, if moving from outside the Bay of Plenty, as we know shifting is an expensive business.
- Safety boots, wet weather gear and a company uniform so you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on gear each year and you’ll look good.
- An active social club including 3 awesome events each year.
- An incentive programme.
- Tool box training provided each week.
- Yummy BBQ breakfast, on us, the first Tuesday of each month.
- The use of 2 brand new diggers.
- A phone to use for all business transactions.
- Lot of laughs with the friendliest drainlayers in town.
Are you an experienced Drain Layer looking to step up to a leadership role and reduce your time on the tools? At JT Plumbing we’re looking for a motivated, problem solver who’s great with people to join our team as a Drainage Foreperson. Sound interesting?
The Drainage Foreperson is a critical new role we’ve created in our growing drainage team who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience. You are the key leadership point for the drainage team and your role is to ensure all our drainage projects run smoothly and the completed work is of the highest standard.
- Day to day management and allocation of staff onsite
- Control of costs onsite to maximise revenue and profit
- Quality control of work onsite
- Ensuring best health and safety in the workplace
- Materials management, making sure materials are onsite when required, accounted for and returned to the supplier for a credit when not used
- Maintain staff down time (non-chargeable hours) to a maximum of three hours per week
- Identifying Human Resource issues and refer to the Operations Manager
- Providing input into the company development plan
- Help develop and implement strategies/systems to achieve short and long term financial performance
- Registered Drainlayer with a current Practicing License
- Leadership and staff management knowledge
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Computer skills
- Analytical thinking/broad based problem solving
- A clean, full drivers license
- Honest and trustworthy
- Take pride in your work and go the extra mile to make sure the job is top notch
Does this opportunity sound like the perfect career move for you?
If so, this is what we offer for a top candidate:
- Top pay rates (based on experience)
- Company vehicle and phone
- Full work wear kit including wet weather gear, boots, and overalls
- A paid day off on your birthday
- An active social club with events, after work beers and monthly barbecues
We take pride in looking after our people and creating a relaxed, fun environment. We also:
- Give you the opportunity to progress your career
- Value your input and show genuine appreciation
- Provide you with the training you need to succeed