PLUMBING MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS
Our experienced team will solve your plumbing maintenance problems quickly.
Plumbing and drainage emergencies always seem to happen quickly and create a real mess. Are you experiencing any of these plumbing maintenance issues?
- A leaking hot water cylinder
- Waste blockages
- Burst pipes
- Leaking cisterns and taps
- Faulty toilets
- Leaking or burst showers
- Blocked drains?
If so, our experienced team are here to help. We can diagnose and fix your plumbing maintenance problem more quickly and cost effectively if you take some photos of the problem you’re experiencing to share with our office team.
If you’re experiencing problems with your septic tank, visit our septic tank service page.
For all plumbing and drainage repairs or emergencies in Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and Papamoa, contact us now to book a plumbing maintenance technician.
Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
For New & Existing Home Owners
Prevention is the key to maintaining the great condition of the plumbing in your new home. Below is a simple checklist you can use annually to check the well-being and working status of your plumbing.
1. Identify where your outside water connection is (Water Toby)
2. Look for signs of any leakage on taps or pipework/corrosion on the following:
- Kitchen taps (also check under sink for leaks)
- Bathroom taps (including under sink)
- Toilet pipework (including cistern, floor and cistern taps)
- Washing machine taps and pipework
- Laundry taps and pipework (including under sink)
- Hose taps
3. Check for clear drainage of all sinks and showers (or gurgling sounds)
4. Check water pressure from taps. Low pressure can be an indication of sediment build up. Never use caustic liquid drain cleaner as these can severely damage your pipes.
5. Hot water cylinders pipework can dry out resulting in leaking if pipework is knocked. Check for wet patches and other signs of leaking.
If you find signs of drips, leaks, blockages or corrosion, get in touch with JT Plumbing to book in any maintenance work.